Trello Review: Streamline Your Workflow with Trello
Trello Review: Streamline Your Workflow with Trello
Do you want an application that helps you to manage the project systematically? Because of busy schedules, people often need help to focus on their projects and daily tasks. If you are a team leader then you need to check out the things in the work to ensure the result is as good as expected. Therefore, it is necessary to keep track of your project progress. We have the best software for that purpose. It’s time to introduce Trello software which is perfect for keeping track of all the activities in the company. Although, if you are new to the software and have not received any preliminary information related to Trello, you should look at the article until the end. This article will teach you everything about Trello, including Trello Reviews, pricing, use, and other necessary things a user should know.
Trello is a collaborator tool that helps manage all the work among teams, locations, and businesses. Trello is a good option for offices and businesses to adopt if they want to work efficiently and effectively. If you try their premium version, you will find more functions and features that help make your work much easier.
We understand that in today’s era, time is money, and no one wants to waste their time. Therefore, Trello helps you save time and money, and if you want to know other customers’ perceptions, you can look out for Trello Reviews.
This post lets you check out everything related to the Trello software and how it will help you accomplish your daily goals in an organization. If you can achieve your daily task, you can easily achieve your future goal.
If you need more time to check out the whole article and look for the summary of it, here are the points that will help you to know about Trello software in brief. You can understand Trello at a glance with these short but detailed pointers.
- Trello is a cloud-based organizing software that uses Kanban board to track what needs to be done in a specific time.
- It helps the user review the work, projects, and workplace to ensure that everything works sequentially according to the planning.
- It provides insight into the project and gives you an idea about the functioning and status of the project.
- It helps complete the project on a deadline, gives you a brief insight into the product, centralizes control and effective communication, tracks the data details, and keeps the manager updated about the work situation.
- Everyone loves Trello for its functions and features, including smart works, multiple views, AI functioning, and integration.
- Customers can try out the Trello free version to check its basic uses. However, if they like its functions, they can choose different plans, including standard, premium, and enterprise.
- It is best for all companies and start-ups who like to keep their team’s work in check and manage everything. Some of the famous clients of Trello software are Adobe, Kickstarter, National Geographic, Google, and Fender.
- Other alternatives are also available on the internet regarding Trello, but Trello is the most affordable one with higher ratings and a better user experience.
What is Trello?
Trello is a visual collaboration software that helps keep daily tasks in check and helps the leader or manager manage the daily tasks. The visual software uses the Kanban board and cards for organizing the tasks.
Since its release in the market, Trello has become popular among companies and small offices as people use it for project management and productivity. With the help of Trello software, you can check out the team’s performance and project status and organize daily tasks.
Trello is a good choice for the administrator department because that helps in delegating tasks among the team members and setting the workflow in the company. Some teams that need Trello are marketing, Engineering, Product Management, Support, Design, and sales.
How does Trello Works?
If you are new to Trello and looking for steps to use it, check out the points below to get the right guidance. Trello benefits many companies and start-ups, but you must learn how to use it properly to get the full benefits.
So, let’s check out the points and use Trello accordingly.
Open the Trello app and Sign-up: If you are using Trello for the first time, you need to sign-up with the application by visiting their website, i.e., Trello.com. You can check out the ‘Sign-up-It’s Free’ option for first-time users.
Click on the option and create the account.
Creating a Board in Trello: You must create a board in Trello to use the application. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
Under the personal board option, click on the create new board option.
Choose a name and select the desired background and pattern accordingly.
Select the team or people to whom you want to give access to the board. The board will be available for those who are allowed to use it.
Create a team: After that, you need a team to complete the objectives, and for that, click on the ‘Create a Team’ option. Write the name and description of the team and select the people you like to invite to your team. Enter the email ID address and send the invitation to their email. Once they accept the invitation, they will join the team.
Creating Lists in Trello: You can make different lists in Trello and divide the team accordingly. For example, you can get lists like To Do, In Progress, and Work Done. To create the lists, here are the steps you must follow.
Click on the Board section and choose ‘add a list.’
Name the list and click on add option.
You can also add a card by clicking on Add card option.
You can create cards like you create lists in Trello and label them accordingly to complete the work effectively.
Assigning Cards and Giving Due Dates: After creating cards, you can assign them to the team members. It will help you to know which team member is assigned to which task. Due dates need to remind the employees about the last date. If you think a specific person cannot do the task alone, you can add another member too.
The steps for adding a member to the card are as follows:
– Click on the card on which you want to assign members.
– Select the Members options, which you will find on the right side.
– Search for the members to want to select on the card.
If you want to add due dates on the cards, here are the steps.
– Select the card and click on the due date option.
– A calendar will pop up.
– Select the due date from the calendar with time and click the save option.
All the due dates under 24 hours will be highlighted with a yellow label. The due dates which are passed will be highlighted with a red label.
Adding Labels to the cards: Adding labels will help you identify the task type and its urgency. You can add colors accordingly, which helps distinguish the work’s importance according to the due date. There’s an option of adding labels on the single card too. So, to add labels, you need to follow these steps:
– Select the card to which you want to add a label.
– Click on the label option.
– Select the label from the list. Some pre-chosen colors are available on the list, but if you want to edit them, you can choose the “edit” icon.
After completing these steps, you can see the colored labels on your lists with their task and information.
Why should you use Trello?
Trello is an easy-to-use management software that gives better information about the task. Through Trello, you can easily keep a check on your task and other goals, along with keeping a check on the employee’s performance.
Trello is a simple software with few instructions and a couple of days of training; you can handle it independently. With the help of Trello software, you can encourage your team member and improve their skills. You can also install Trello on your mobile, which makes it flexible.
You can check your work through mobile even if you are not in your office. You don’t need to carry laptops with you every time to check out the task status. You can install this project management software on your smartphone and check whether the employees are working effectively or not.
Some people believe that this software`s simplicity is unsuitable for big companies and team management. Trello is a good fit for an individual and team management who wants to achieve their target on time efficiently.
However, to enjoy more features, you must go for Trello’s paid version, where you can find more benefits. Although, the free version is popular among small teams as it is a user-friendly, neat design and free of cost.
Pros and Cons:
Every software has its ups and downs, and the user needs to check out both sides to decide whether it’s a good choice for them or not. In the case of Trello, here are the pros and cons:
- Trello offers good functionality, making it easy to handle and simplify task delegation accordingly.
- Its project collaboration feature helps the team member join the project and get the information simultaneously. It helps in saving time, energy, and money.
- The user can customize the system according to their need, as Trello can adapt per the user’s requirement.
- It is easy-to-use and doesn’t require much technical skill.
- It uses a Kanban board that organizes everything systematically.
- The user review is all positive and people are happy with its functioning.
- Trello free version is free for lifestyle for all users.
- You don’t need to hire any employee to operate the software.
- Trello cannot handle complex projects and gets malfunctions.
- The cost of Trello is high as you can get basic services in the free version, but to get higher storage or more feature, the customer needs to buy the paid version.
- It is good on desktops but doesn’t work well on mobile applications. Many users complained about its mobile apps that it is not working properly.
- Installing Trello on the computer is challenging, especially for new users.
Easy to Use:
Trello is a management software that acts as a tool to arrange project details and share them with different team members at once. Most customers think this software is complex and requires a highly skilled person to operate.
However, in the case of Trello, you don’t need a skilled person to operate the application. You can learn this project management software in a few days as it is easy to use and handle. The manager can learn to create lists, add labels and join other team members through a tutorial.
This software ensures your information stays safe, and you can edit any label when it’s done. You can add other information or edit the previous ones in a few clicks. Trello is good for small companies or start-ups who want to manage everything, but if you are a big company, you need Trello’s paid version and more features.
Trello has become the favorite of many companies and industries because of its useful features that help them to run the organization smoothly. Here are the best features of Trello that make it popular on the internet.
Boards: Trello is centered around boards, which are essentially virtual whiteboards. You can create multiple boards for different projects or teams. Each board can have a unique name and description, and you can add members to each board to collaborate on projects together. Boards are an excellent way to keep track of everything that’s happening on a project and to visualize progress.
Lists: Within each board, you can create lists to represent stages in your workflow or process. For example, you might have a “To Do” list, a “Doing” list, and a “Done” list. You can add as many lists as you need, and you can drag and drop cards between lists as you progress. Lists are a great way to keep tasks organized and to make sure that everyone knows what needs to be done next.
Cards: Cards are the basic unit of information in Trello. You can create a card for each task or item on your to-do list, and then move cards between lists as you progress. Cards can have a title, a description, a due date, and various other attributes. You can also add comments, attachments, and checklists to cards. Cards are a great way to break down tasks into manageable chunks and to make sure that everyone knows what they need to do.
Labels: Labels allow you to categorize cards within a board. You can use labels to track different types of tasks, priorities, or anything else that makes sense for your workflow. You can assign multiple labels to a card, and you can filter your board by a label to focus on specific tasks.
Comments: You can leave comments on cards to discuss the task with other team members or to provide updates on your progress. Comments are a great way to keep everyone in the loop and to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
Attachments: You can attach files, images, or links to cards to provide additional context or reference materials. Attachments are a great way to keep all of your project-related materials in one place and to make sure that everyone has access to everything they need.
Checklists: You can create checklists within cards to break down tasks into smaller, more manageable steps. You can add as many items to a checklist as you need, and you can check them off as you complete them. Checklists are a great way to make sure that nothing falls through the cracks and to stay on top of all of your tasks.
Due dates: You can set due dates for cards to help keep yourself and your team on track. When a card is due, it will show up in your notifications and on your calendar. Due dates are a great way to make sure that everything gets done on time and to avoid last-minute rushes.
Activity feed: Trello keeps a log of all activity within a board, so you can see who has done what and when. The activity feed is a great way to stay up to date on everything that’s happening on a project and to make sure that everyone is pulling their weight.
Integration with other tools: Trello integrates with a wide range of other tools, such as Google Drive, Slack, and Jira, to help you streamline your workflow and improve productivity. Integrations are a great way to save time and to make sure that all of your tools are working together seamlessly.
Overall, Trello is a powerful project management tool that can help you and your team stay organized, focused, and productive. Whether you’re working on a small team or a large project, Trello can help you stay on top of everything and make sure that everything gets done on time.
Project Management in Trello:
Trello is a popular project management tool that allows teams to manage their projects effectively. Here are the main steps of project management in Trello:
- Create a Board: The first step in using Trello for project management is to create a board. A board represents a project, and you can have multiple boards for different projects. To create a board, simply click on the “Create new board” button and give your board a name.
- Create Lists: Once you have created a board, the next step is to create lists. Lists represent the different stages of your project, such as “To Do”, “In Progress”, and “Done”. You can create lists by clicking on the “Add a list” button on your board.
- Create Cards: Cards are the individual tasks or items that need to be completed as part of your project. To create a card, simply click on the “Add a card” button within a list and give your card a name. You can also add a description, due date, and attachments to your card.
- Organize Your Cards: Once you have created your cards, you can drag and drop them between lists to reflect their current status. For example, if a task is in progress, you can move it from the “To Do” list to the “In Progress” list.
- Assign Tasks: Trello allows you to assign tasks to team members. To do this, simply click on a card, select “Members”, and choose the team member you want to assign the task. This helps to ensure that everyone knows what they are responsible for and helps to prevent tasks from falling through the cracks.
- Set Due Dates: Trello also allows you to set due dates for tasks. To do this, simply click on a card, select “Due Date”, and choose the date by which the task needs to be completed. This helps to keep everyone on track and ensures that tasks are completed on time.
- Collaborate with Team Members: Trello allows team members to collaborate on tasks by leaving comments, adding attachments, and creating checklists. This helps to ensure that everyone is on the same page and can work together effectively.
- Monitor Progress: Trello provides a range of tools for monitoring project progress, such as activity feeds, calendars, and charts. These tools allow you to see what tasks have been completed, what tasks are still outstanding, and how much progress has been made overall.
By following the above steps, teams can create boards, lists, and cards, assign tasks, set due dates, collaborate with team members, and monitor progress, all in one place. Trello’s intuitive interface and flexible features make it an excellent choice for teams of all sizes and industries.
Trello comes with different pricing ranges, but if you want basic functions, you can go with the free version. Yes, Trello is free for users, but the features and functioning are limited, so you can choose the Trello plan accordingly.
With every plan, you can get your hands on different features, which helps in making your work easier and organizing everything accordingly. So, let’s check it out.
1: Trello Free
The free version is free for a lifetime but comes with limitations like it is limited to 10 team members. So, the free version is good for you if you are a small company or start-up with limited members. In free Trello, you can enjoy the features like unlimited Power-ups, 250 workspace command run per month, the users can attach up to 10 MB per file, and file export in JSON format.
Trello Standard comes at $60 per year for a single user. This plan includes unlimited boards, power-ups, workspace command run every month, and file attachments up to 250 MB. It also has an advanced checklist, custom field, and saved searches to save the user’s time and effort.
Trello Premium is for big companies and comes at $119.99 per year for a single user. It includes all the functions of the standard plan, plus you can export the data in JSON and CSV format. Also, it got security features that help in protecting your important information varieties of views like tables, timelines, maps, calendars, and others.
To know the pricing of the Enterprise plan, the customer needs to contact the sales department, as the pricing varies according to the licenses. It is the best plan, which includes all the functions of standard and premium and comes with more features that make the work easier.
In an enterprise plan, you can get control over an organization-wide department with visible boards and public board management. Enterprise is best for those industries that are well-established, profitable, and looking to grow their branches in other places too.
On the internet, there are other substitutes available for Trello. However, if you think these substitutes can replace Trello, then you are wrong as they are similar, but Trello is a better choice for everyone.
Here are some of the Trello alternatives:
Monday.com: Monday.com and Trello are both popular project management tools. While Trello is more focused on task management and collaboration, Monday.com offers a more comprehensive suite of project management features, including project planning, time tracking, and reporting. Monday.com also offers more customization options, such as customizable dashboards and automations. However, Trello has a simpler, more intuitive interface, and is more affordable for smaller teams. Ultimately, the choice between Monday.com and Trello depends on the specific needs of your team and the complexity of your projects.
Asana.com– Asana offers more comprehensive project management features, including project planning, task dependencies, and time tracking. Asana also offers more customization options, such as customizable templates and workflows. However, Trello has a simpler, more intuitive interface, and is more affordable for smaller teams. Ultimately, the choice between Asana and Trello depends on the specific needs of your team and the complexity of your projects.
Wrike.com– Wrike offers a more comprehensive suite of project management features, including time tracking, workload management, and reporting. Wrike also offers more customization options, such as custom fields and request forms. However, Trello has a simpler, more intuitive interface, and is more affordable for smaller teams. Additionally, Trello integrates with a wider range of third-party tools. Ultimately, the choice between Wrike and Trello depends on the specific needs of your team and the complexity of your projects.
Alternative options are good but if you want everything organized in your company and make sure that every work gets done before the deadline and Trello is a good option.
Trello Customer Support:
Suppose you find any difficulties in functioning, can’t understand its operations, or find any error while installing Trello on your desktop. In that case, you can contact the customer support section.
You can email the company, and they will raise a ticket for your problem. There’s no option for live support, but you can call customer support and ask them for software-related help.
When you purchase Trello from the official website, they will appoint a technical expert to teach the user about Trello and its function in a demo class. It will help the user understand the software better and ensure they can learn about every feature and use it according to work.
On the internet, Trello performs better than most project management software and is also reasonable at the same time. According to Technical experts, Trello is a lightweight management tool that ensures everything runs smoothly in the organization and is easy to use.
All the reviews are positive and people love the free version as well as the different plans mentioned on the official website at a reasonable price.
The position of Trello in the market is as follows:
- It comes under the Top 5 collaboration and project management software on the internet.
- It lists in the Top 10 remote work software product.
- Trello ranks in the top three workflow management software items.
- It also comes under the Top 5 resource management software.
With these ratings, it is clear that Trello is one of the best choices available for agencies and big companies. Also, if you go for the paid version, you will unlock all the features and benefits which will help you complete the task on time and maintain the workflow in the organization.
Ultimately, Trello is a good, easy-to-use, and budget-friendly management software. There are other management tools in the market, but if your focus is to keep a check on your organization’s goals and ensure that everything works perfectly, then Trello is a great choice for you.
You can install the free version or try the paid ones and see the difference, but first, you need to set a goal and analyze the problems in your organization for which you need Trello software. Install it on your device and check out the difference you will feel in your organization and notice the smooth functioning of work.
Once you start operating the this software, it will take all the information from your device and store it according to the schedule and calendar, so that everything works as per due dates. Don’t you want to save your time and effort in the organization and invest that time in the upcoming goals?
That’s why this software is the best platform that improves the efficiency of the organization and side by side enhances the performance efficiency of the employees. Check out the appropriate plan and start investing in the right software.
How is your experience with Trello? Please share your answer with us.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Q1. Is Trello free for a lifetime?
Ans: There are different versions of Trello available on the internet, like Trello Free, Trello Premium, Trello Standard, and Trello Enterprise. If your organization can work efficiently in a free version with limited features, then you can download the free version.
Q2. What are the awards and achievements of Trello?
Ans: Trello has been awarded multiple awards and quality certificates in 2019, which include Expert choice, Great user Experience, and Supreme Software. Finances Online give these along with a positive response from the users on social media platforms.
Q3. What are the problems that Trello can solve?
Ans: If you opt for Trello in your organization, it can help you solve problems like confusion in Task Management, campaigning management, minimizing repetitive tasks to save time and effort for the employees, and resolving confusion in the team regarding any task.
Q4. What is Kanban Board in Trello?
Ans: A Kanban board is a systematic and visual way to organize the data to limit the work-in-progress and maximize the work efficiency in the organization.
Q5. Where is Trello available?
Ans: Trello software is available for laptops, desktops, and mobile platforms. You can install Trello on windows, iOS and MacBook. You can find the setup online at their official website at a reasonable price.
Q6. Who is the developer of Trello Software?
Ans: The developers of Trello software are Atlassian, Joel Spolsky, and Glitch. They released Trello in 2011 for different platforms.
Q7. Can you download Trello on mobiles?
Ans: Yes, the mobile version of Trello is available on the internet. You can get the setup for android as well as iOS processors which makes it easy for people to enjoy its features.
Q8. What is the setup size of Trello?
Ans: The setup size of Trello software varies from platform to platform. For example, if you like to install the software in windows, then the setup size is 79.15 MB, for android, it is 15.68 MB and for iOS, it is 139.17 MB.
Q9. Who is the parent company of Trello?
Ans: Trello was founded by Fog Creek in 2011 but in January 2017, it was sold out to Atlassian.